Sunday, August 31, 2014

My Workout Diary: Day 1 - Cardio

So today was my first day doing the 30 day fitness challenge. Today was a cardio day. I did the Enviga Bootcamp Calorie Burn workout that I found after a search on Youtube for cardio work outs.




My review of the workout: You'll see a lot of Youtube comments under this video saying that it's super easy. I wouldn't go that far! I found it challenging. But remember, I'm starting here after not working out at all for almost a year. So, I'm at a "no-fitness" level, right now. (That's going to change, though!)

I did find that the excercises themselves are relatively easy. There's jump squats, jump rope (without the rope) jumping jacks, mountain climbers, burpees. They put a lot of recovery marching in between the high intensity stuff so you do have time to catch your breath.

How I felt: I told myself that, no matter what, I wasn't going to sit down during the workout and I didn't. So, I'm pretty proud of that. At one point my chest hurt really badly and that was a bit worrying. But it passed pretty quickly. It's something that I will have to be mindful of in the future, though.

All in all, I think this is a good workout for me to start with after a long period of no excercise. Looking forward to doing it a couple more times during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment