Thursday, September 4, 2014

Workout Diary Day 5: Cardio: "Excuses, Excuses"

I wish I looked so serene when doing cardio!
Today was hard. I just was not in the mood to work out. I made excuses for about 1 hr just so that I could avoid working out.

Excuse 1: "I have so much other work to do"

Excuse 2: "I'm tired"

Excuse 3: "My body hurts"

And so on.

But eventual i thought, "I don't want to be the punk who quits on the 5th day of the challenge." I have some pride, after all!

So I got up, put on my sneakers and grabbed my water and did my cardio. I have to admit that I stopped it a couple times and I did sit down.. ok more like lay down, for a minute. But I kept going and completed the thirty minute workout.

I feel good about that. But I'm wondering how I can mentally strengthen myself to help me continue to do it. How do you keep motivated to keep working out?

PS. I also challenged myself to make videos about my progress, every five days. This vid is less than perfect but I don't want to be paralysed by a quest for perfection. So, here it is, in all its imperfect glory!


No comments:

Post a Comment